Never underestimate the joy that can be found in a pair of matching soap pumps. (One for the hands, one for the fruits and veggies.) I used a manual label maker to tag each one, and I swear, I might’ve done a little jig in the kitchen! After having a mis-matched pair of pumps for far too long – I promise I’m going somewhere with this – I purchased another amber glass jar to match one of the two. It had been on my list for, oh, months. While I was at it, I scrubbed scuffs off of the wall, touched up grimy baseboards with paint, wiped down all the cabinet fronts and caulked a few gaps, repotted a neglected plants, flipped the couch cushions, spot cleaned the rugs, washed all the throw pillow covers and dropped off a bag for donation. It felt wonderful! All of those small tasks had been building up in the corners of my brain, taking up residency and weighing me – us! – down.
The soap pumps started it, but that domino effect lifted a weight we hadn’t realized was there.
Afterwards, we vowed to tackle these so-called little things as they come up, as opposed to waiting for a full day sprint of one thing after the next. When it comes to my own home, I’m guilty of an all-or-nothing mentality, although doesn’t that seem hypocritical when I’m encouraging others to start small and do what they can now? And circling back around, couldn’t the same be said for our daily to-do lists? Start small; put one foot in front of the other. As Scott likes to remind me, the only way to eat a whale is one bite at a time.
• Do you follow Erin on Instagram? I add nearly every one of her posts to my bookmarks. This one hit my heart this week, especially as I find myself noticing the lines on my forehead, the crinkles around my eyes, more and more. I needed that.
• When I asked you for your hands down, no contest leggings, you delivered. I now have 3 pairs of these, and you’re right – they are worth every penny! (And ethical, too.) My sweet spot is the compressive high rise with the 23 3/4″ inseam. Stubby leg, long torso girls unite!
• Our curiosity finally got the best of us, and we placed our first order with Brandless. And then we placed our second order. And our third order! Most items are $3 or less, and it’s official – we’re hooked. These are a slam dunk, Lucy loves these and these, and we’re sold on the diapers (but don’t love the wipes).
• My favorite children’s book of the moment. I legit cried the first (and second) time I read it.
• This show made us cry-laugh all week long.
• I never thought I’d be so excited about a doormat, but these are a game changer! They stay put, hide ev-er-y-thing and are easy to vacuum.
• My favorite art print from minted is now a wall mural! How pretty would this look if we framed it (using this technique) and hung it above the sectional in our Tree House? I’ve been trying to capture my own similar photo, but with no luck. This might be the ticket.
• Little kids in hockey gear might be my very favorite thing. Ever. All that padding, such teeny, tiny bodies! So when a dad mic’ed up his 4-year-old on the ice, you might say that there are few things cuter in this world.
Attend Our Flash Sale to Benefit Charity!
It’s happening! We’re hosting a big, fat Flash Sale, and we’ve asked our friends Nicole from Making it Lovely and Kyla from House of Hipsters to join us in bringing it to life! And all the proceeds are going to charity! Am I shouting? I feel like it’s the only way to express how incredibly excited we are to share this with you!
What is the Flash Sale?
Think of this pop-up as a well curated rummage sale of home goods in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood. All of the money raised will be split equally between CRISP (Chicago Rescue Intervention and Support Program), Jackson Chance Foundation and Housing Forward. The Flash Sale will be an enjoyable experience with music, small bites and drinks, and an opportunity to mingle and shop while benefitting these great causes. In other words, let’s hang out and have some fun!
But wait! There’s more!
We wouldn’t be able to make this possible without help from some truly incredible sponsors. Each of our sponsors below are providing generous raffle prizes with a combined overall value – to date – of more than $4,000. As every raffle donation rolled through our inbox – and they’re still coming in! – I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t gotten misty. (I’ve been needing a lot of tissues this week, apparently!) Prizes range from $500 shopping sprees to a boutique hotel stay and home fragrance packages. It’s a can’t miss, and every one of those dollars raised towards the raffle will be sent off to CRISP, Jackson Chance and Housing Forward.
Schoolhouse • Rejuvenation • Article • Unison • Sydney Hale Co. • Framebridge • Hygge & West • Josh Young Design House • BISSELL • St. Jane Chicago Hotel
Save the date
We hope to see you on April 6th, 9AM – 1PM in the spacious and sunny Gooch Too Studio, located in the West Loop, Chicago! More details to come in the coming weeks.
Happy weekend, friends!
In This Post: